I think the biggest challenge that my mentor encounters is coming up with activities for her clients that push her client's abilities to teach them new things while not making them too frustrated. I know that my mentor has a waiting list of client's who would like to have appointments, so I don't think she is worried about anything with the economy right now which is good. I haven't heard of any of her clients being unhappy with the service she provides, and I think she significantly helps her clients improve their speech.
My mentor really enjoys what she does to earn a living and she doesn't dislike much. She has pointed out that this is something that she is passionate for and has been for a long time and only a person who is passionate can be happy in this field. She thinks she has gotten all the little quirks out of her business and thinks the business runs as smooth as it can at this point. Because this isn't a school and it isn't publicly funded, I think my mentor's client's appreciate what she does because if they didn't value the work they do with their children, they wouldn't be there. Obviously there aren't any group projects and everything is very individualized.
My mentor began this speech pathology company a few years ago and this is her ideal work environment. My mentor is so open to new things and shes seems so happy. Its hard to think that any other person could be better for this position.
My mentor has her masters degree in speech pathology which is pretty essential to her job and the success that she has acquired. I know that this is something that she loves to do and it is something that someone needs to be passionate about. Anyone who is passionate about their career like she is will definitely be successful.
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good summary of your interview, but I would have liked to have seen some of the questions that you asked. Sounds like your mentor really loves what she does.
Post a Comment