Monday, October 13, 2008

Week 10

Just about every time I am at my internship, I am a shadow for my mentor. Everyday I get to work about an hour after my mentor does. I know that before I get there, she is preparing her lessons and activities for each client. When I get there, she usually tells me what she plans on doing for the day and for each client begin to set them up. If there is a break before the next client, we will wait to set up the activity. I have found that if I try to set up the activities for the day, it can become a bit clustered and I get confused. So if I put aside a few minutes and just become organized in my own mind I don't get overwhelmed. My mentor has an organizer so she writes everything down that we will be doing for the day. Now that I have been at my internship for a while, my mentor trusts me to understand what each activity is.
So after deciding on activities for the day, the rest of the work day goes pretty smooth. We have clients just about each hour and perform the activities that we've planned for the day. Once the client's have all gone and appointments are done for the day, we take a minute to organize our thoughts and I help my mentor clean up and organize all the activities that we performed that day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you are always shadowing your mentor. Its good that you are able to learn from her and that she is a good role model for you.